Saturday, May 06, 2006

My last weekend in Baden

I'm still not coming home for about a month, but with all the travelling coming up this was my last weekend in Baden. On friday night a bunch of us (Jacqui, Evan, Crispin,Felix, Travis and I) went to Zurich to hit up a nightclub called Rote Fabrik (which I have just butchered the spelling). The club played a bunch of old-school hip-hop which was really good. Those who know we know I don't/can't dance, so it was gonna be an interesting night. On the way there Jacqui hooked me up with some drinks to loosen me up (much needed) which was cool. When we got to the Zurich HB, there was a beach volley ball thing going on which was kinda cool, but it was guys playing. There was a ton of drums and stuff out as well, so Evan rocked out on them for a while, it was totally random and cool. We got in the club at around 11 and after a while I started feeling the beat and getting into it and had a blast. Maybe I should go clubbing a bit more often. I didn't really try to talk to/pick up any one and bombs horribly when I tried but o well, 1 thing at a time. 1/2 of the group left at around 1 and shortly after they left and MC and headliner DJ came out and was playing a good selection of songs (I didn't know any, but it was creating a sweet atmosphere). We partied there till around 3 and started to walk back to the main trainstation to get home and got home at around 4:40, was definately a fun night. Unfortuately Jacqui's camera disappeared that night, so that really blows, hopefully it'll turn up.

On saturday we were originally going to go go swimmbad (outdoor swimming pool area) but it was closed so we eventually went to play some b-ball. At the trainstation in Baden they had some celebration thing going with Karoke and a mech. Bull. We wanted all the praktikants to come and do a spur of the moment karoke concert but couldn't find everyone. We were gonna form a boy band with matching clothes and dance routine and everything...too bad. At the b-ball courts some swiss kids challenged Travis, Naveen and I where we promptly crushed them. On the rematch we started screwing around and so it was a bit closer, but still remarkably easy. After that we went to Zegelhau to meet up with everyone to go on a bbq. The group consisted of Felix, Kahn, Berfu, Henrick, Keegan, Travis, Krispin, Jacqui, Lindsey, Evan, Pat and I. We didn't have much food and it was short notice, so Felix and I had another adventure in cooking, where we took a soya sauce chicken we had earlier, and added some pickled veggies and tons of parmasian and cooked it over the fire with a frying pan. It turned out damn good (2 for 2 on the adventures in cooking this week). After chilling for a bit we called it a night and went home.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Earlier in the week Felix wanted to make a cake for no reason, so we did that. We made a Blackcurrent/mint tea cake with Maple nut crunch and maple glaze. We infused the cake batter with mint tea but boiling milk with tea bags and using that for the cake. We had some Black current surup as well. It surprisingly turned out really good (especially the glaze, i'm gonna eat straight glaze more often now).

All in all a good week. On Sunday a bunch of us went to the zoo for a bit. It was pretty nice, but seemed small.

Later that night I flew to Berlin to start my 17 day tour of Estonia, Latvia, Sweden, Finland, and Germany.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google