Sunday, March 23, 2008

03/20 Ferry to Kagoshima

Today we boarded the ferry to go to Kagoshima. We woke up at 5 am tocatch our ferry. We left the hostel at 5:45 and got to the terminaljust before the 6:30 boarding time. Upon leaving Naha we made a briefstop at (blank) and (blank). Our "room" consisted of a large room withmats , blankets and pillows for about 70 people. There is a restuarent(which is open sparsely) a store and of course vending machines. Theride was very rocky, good thing i don't get seasick. Dima on theotherhand does and felt like death. Keegan also felt the affects ofthe sea but was able to cope with it by listening to music/Japaneselessons and sleeping.
After getting some medicine and sleeping it off Dima was ok. For lunchI prepared some ramen and spam with some okinawan beer. Dinner wasvery improvised and consisted of instant curry mixed and rice fromrice balls mixed in my ramen bowl. Most of the trip was fairlyuneventful as there is not much to do on the boat. Keegan and Dimaslept lots while I blogged the last couple days on my iPod touch. I'mgetting pretty good at typing on it now. The long break also gave me achance to backup photos and reencode videos to divx to save space. Ontv we were able to watch some sumo action as well as go. Dima and I upearly to check out the sunrise, which was pretty nice, but the roughseas made it difficult to take a good video. In the morning a littlekid called me a Baka for eating my seaweed like a brontosaurus.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google